Beaches in the USA are among the most sought after and favorite vacation destinations for people in the country as well as from abroad. Millions of people visit the beaches with their friends and families, basking in the sun, enjoying a soak in the city and by indulging in fun activities which are typical of the beach or the area. While you are making plans for the beach vacation, here are some destinations you can keep in mind.
- Laguna Beach, California – Laguna Beach in California is not just a beach destination – it is something much more than that. Located at a distance of approximately 90 minutes north of San Diego, this destination offers many other attractions to people along with the lovely sprawling beach. The wine sipping, spa visits and gallery hopping are an integral part of the beach vacation and cannot be missed in any way. This upscale beach community offers lavish and expensive beach resorts. Located amidst picturesque cliffs, the beach is an ideal destination for honeymooning couples or for friends on a holiday. With about 100 galleries in the historic art colony, you might be lucky in picking up a unique souvenir. The healthy and sumptuous Californian cuisine is also a major attraction of the place.
- Cannon Beach, Oregon–If you want to an experience of nature at its best, Cannon Beach Oregon is the place to be. Located at a distance of about 1.5 hours from Portland, you can explore the extensive stretch of wild sand on the Oregon Coast. The rock formations on the beach are dramatic, among which Haystack (235-feet tall) is the most popular. Not only this, there are lush green rainforests and wildlife in close vicinity. The area has a large population of artists. Eco-loving couples find the destination a very attractive one. Along with surfing and beachcombing, hiking is among the most popular activities done here. There are abundant scopes of accommodation in varying budgets.
- Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Florida–For some beaches, no words are sufficient to express the beauty of the place. The Sanibel and Captiva Islands, which lie to the west coast of Florida are the best examples in this regard. The white sand beaches extend to long stretches and some are scattered with sea shells. The calm and clear turquoise waters look splendid. Do not miss the golden sunsets of the Gulf of Mexico. It is the casual charm of Sanibel, which is the main attraction of the place. Captiva, on the other hand, is golf-cart-friendly with some legendary eateries. Various kinds of aqua adventure activities are also arranged at the beach.
- Outer Banks, North Carolina–A beach vacation to Outer Banks is not only exploring the beach, but lots of other things. Check out the wild horses and the historic lighthouses in the place. The other most interesting thing about the place is that you can enjoy scenic flights right at the spot where the Wright Brothers first flew their flight. And the flights will be in an open-cockpit biplane. Accommodation in the place is abundant with large numbers of beach house rentals and some very popular inns and resorts. The accommodations are lined along the sand-dune filled barrier islands. The spot is an excellent getaway for family vacations as well as escapades with friends. Various kinds of adventure activities can be enjoyed including bike riding, hand gliding and deep-sea fishing. You can also enjoy fresh seafood.
- Maui, Hawaii–When talks are on the best beach vacations in USA, it is obvious that the name of Hawaii will surely feature in the same. Maui is popularly known as ‘The Magic Isle’. Some of the most popular beaches include Wailea, Kaanapali, and Makena etc. There are other attractions in the place too. Haleakala is a volcanic crater, which is surreal and is at a height of 10,023 feet above sea level. Upcountry is another area which abounds in lush vegetation with lavender farms and historic cowboy towns. If you are looking for excellent snorkeling facilities, you can visit Molokini, which is an offshore lava formation which has a crescent shape. Last but not the least is Hana, which can only be accessed via turning and twisting Hana Highway and is perched on the top black lava landscape. From November to March, it is possible to spot humpback whales and spinner dolphins in the area. There are also many golf courses in the area. Precisely, Maui has something or the other for each kind of traveler.
There are many other beach vacation destinations too in the USA. Before visiting any of them, do a thorough research on each one of them to know about the place in details.
Sam is a travel writer, who is extremely fond of beaches. He has visited innumerable beaches in different parts of the world. For visiting international beach destinations, he needs passport America, which he got through an expedited passport agency.